As per the survey conducted by Seven Star FX Research Center, we present you the top 15 FX industry participants by their market share. The major banks around the world trade in forex industry daily. Below given is the research table of forex market participants.
In the year 2015, Citibank and Deutsche Bank has been top two major industry players consisting of 40% foreign exchange traded volume during the survey, conducted mostly by telephone and email. The respondents added that 2016 will be the year where the currency market will be effected due to global economic meltdown.
Major Highlights of the Survey:
- Citi and Deutsche Bank remains at the top with 16.11% and 14.54% respectively.
- For consecutive 10 years, US Dollar remains at the top of the list as most traded currency in the forex market.
- Asia represents more than 35% of the total forex market.
- JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and Barclays represent 7.6%, 3.4% and 8.1% market share respectively.
Being strategic liquidity provider in the forex market, the aggregate comparison of various market share and volume distribution remains true. However, the survey may varies by fraction of % due to exact unavailability of data.
Date: 16th September 2015
1) Shaun Markell – Economist
2) Dhruv Williams – Analyst